View previous topic Using an x-node as a standalone audio card View next topic

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | Audio Nodes    Page 1 of 1

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:44 pm
PostPost subject: Using an x-node as a standalone audio card Reply with quote
twolochs

I know x-nodes can be used back to back as standalone audio snakes, and I am wondering if there is any reason one couldn't be used standalone with a PC running the Axia IP-Audio software to create in effect a high quality soundcard.

That is to get audio in and out of the PC with no other Axia mix engines etc on the network, just the IP-Audio software talking to one or more x-Nodes used as audio interfaces.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:30 pm
PostPost subject: Re: Using an x-node as a standalone audio card Reply with quote
ketil@soundware

twolochs wrote:
I know x-nodes can be used back to back as standalone audio snakes, and I am wondering if there is any reason one couldn't be used standalone with a PC running the Axia IP-Audio software to create in effect a high quality soundcard.

That is to get audio in and out of the PC with no other Axia mix engines etc on the network, just the IP-Audio software talking to one or more x-Nodes used as audio interfaces.

Yes, indeed. That works just fine
Taking in account the built-in router/mixer, it's a real power pack!

Best/Ketil

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:11 am
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
twolochs

Brilliant, thanks Ketil, I'll give it a go.

Alex

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:44 pm
craig.arthur

That's how we used the first node we got at Radio Royal in Larbert, purely to get sound out of a virtual machine.

Over time we've added bits of kit and yesterday our first whole studio went live.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:52 pm
twolochs

Thanks for the confirmation Craig. Good to hear about your new studio too. We got a full set of Axia gear for the radio station, but not yet deployed, and it suddenly occurred to me one of the nodes could solve a problem I have with an unreliable M-Audio 8 track interface!

If ever you're visiting Wester Ross, do get in touch and drop by for a visit to Two Lochs Radio.

Alex

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | Audio Nodes    Page 1 of 1