View previous topic Packet Loss Windows IP-Driver V.2.4.8.12 View next topic

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | IP-Audio Driver for Windows    Page 1 of 1

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm
PostPost subject: Packet Loss Windows IP-Driver V.2.4.8.12 Reply with quote
markus

Hi all.

I have a little problem with an axia ip-drvier 16 Channel for Windows. I'm running windows xp (service pack 3) with driver version 2.4.8.12 on a dell precision R5400 Intel Xeon E5405 2GHz with 3,25 GB Ram. The network card is a Braodcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit controller.

The cpu-load is around 6% and the used memory around 280 MB.

On the driver i have 5 input-channes in use no output. i use this pc only for recording.

All run fine for a year, than without any change in software or hardware configuration i experince packet losses. if i open the statistics window in the axia driver configuration i have some RxUr and RxSeqErr.

I noticed that the packet loss goes up when i move a window or open the settings in windows xp. the strange thing is that doing this the cpu-load goes up only to 1% more.

does anybody know what that problem could be?

the bad thing is that i hear the packet loss on the registred audio.

regards

markus

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 am
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

and I bet the 5 streams you are recording are Live Stereo streams. Live Stereo is a low latency audio stream and in order to do this requires a lot of small packets. PC don't do too well with Live stereo. Look at converting the streams to Standard stereo through vmode or vmix.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | IP-Audio Driver for Windows    Page 1 of 1