For quite some time we are experiencing packet loss on two of our machines which are used to encode various webradio channels. This results in frequent stutter of the audio.
On the same livewire-network there is an almost identical machine that does not show this behaviour. The only difference to the other machines is the NIC used for the internet access.
All NICs used for Livewire are the same.
With driver version 126.96.36.199 the statistics look like this (version 188.8.131.52 had no RxOr but was the same otherwise):
In the screenshot channel 1&2 are standard stereo while channel 3&4 are live stereo.
Did anybody experience something like this and knows a solution of any kind?
HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower-PC
Windows XP Pro SP3 full patched
Axia IP Audio Driver 184.108.40.206
NIC1: Intel 82566DM-2 (driver 220.127.116.11) used for livewire
NIC2: Intel PRO/1000 GT 82541 (driver 18.104.22.168) used for internet access
We ran DPCLAT on the machine but it is in the yellow around ~1000 so this should be "ok" at least. The bar never goes to the red.
Anybody has ideas, thoughts or advice? Please share!
Thanks alot in advance, this has really been nagging on us for quite some time now.
Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Does your Intel 82566DM-2 card have any "TCP offload engine" features? If so, try disabling them. You should see them listed when you pull up the network card properties in Windows.
We have two HP servers whose internal NICs have very robust TCP OE features. Those are great for normal traffic but they sometimes the extra intellegence leads to unusual behavior. We disabled these features and the cards performed fine.
We meant to do a design of experiment to figure out which features caused the confusion but clearly this hasn't made it off the backburner of things we'd like to try.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum