View previous topic ASI 6585 has GPIO View next topic

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | Partners' Products    Page 1 of 1

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:58 pm
PostPost subject: ASI 6585 has GPIO Reply with quote
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Just a word to anyone reading, I found the other day while assisting a customer that the ASI6585 card has included GPIO function. This wasn't implemented at release of the card. Not sure how an automation system uses the GPIO, that is something between ASI and the delivery system, but either way, nice to know it now has GPIO. If interested in using GPIO, I would suggest approaching the delivery system support team and then maybe ASI.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:45 pm
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
chrisweiss

We just received an ASI Livewire card and are putting it into an experimental audio server on our NexGen system. I should have an answer on the GPIO question soon. We've been using the multi-channel IP audio driver with GPIO control for about 6 months without issues, but the station pitch shifts its music, and the IP audio driver doesn't deal with this as well as an ASI card can.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:44 am
clarknovak

Chris, please post your experience here. I'm sure there's plenty of folks who'd be interested in knowing how this works out.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:21 am
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

I have a suspicion that there is no interface on the part of ASI to the PC. If this were true, then establishing a TCP connection to the IP address of the ASI card would be the method to observe changes in GPIO. That would be a question for NexGen on how the application would do that.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 pm
chrisweiss

Shouldn't the audio server handle communication with the ASI Livewire card at an API level? NexGen can already handle source switching on the Orban PC1100 cards in a similar manner.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:51 am
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

The API is through port 93 of the IP address of the ASI card. Your delivery system needs to be able to access this. I know NexGen is able to access port 93 of the IP driver, this may be done on the LOOPBACK. But it is only an IP address away for NexGen to be able to do the same with the ASI card.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:06 am
mpaton

Hi There

Just wondering if anybody has this card's GPIO's working with Nexgen? I am getting errors about a missing IP driver when booting Nexgen up...

Cheers

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 pm
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

NexGen interfaces with the GPIO of the IP driver, not with the GPIO of an ASI card.

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | Partners' Products    Page 1 of 1