View previous topic Axia Multichannel Driver GPIO with AudioVault View next topic

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | IP-Audio Driver for Windows    Page 1 of 1

Tue May 06, 2008 3:14 am
PostPost subject: Axia Multichannel Driver GPIO with AudioVault Reply with quote
wd5iyt

OK...Uncle.

I've been trying for several days now to get the Axia multichannel audio driver GPIO to fire the decks in my AudioVault system. None of the online documentation has provided a reliable solution.

I'm quite convinced this problem is on the AudioVault side, but since there are Axia experts here, perhaps someone has encountered this before.

GPIO communicates through the TCP socket just fine. The AudioVault controls the console just fine and it works every time. The control of the AudioVault FROM the console is not reliable.

The issue seems to be the parsing of the control strings by AudioVault.

The Axia sends a 5 character string that indicates the GPIO state. The start and stop pulses are in positions 4 and 5 of this string. The problem is that the characters in positions 1-3 can change depending on the state of the console channel. There appears to be no way to make the AudioVault ignore the first three characters and just look at 4 or 5.

Anyone made this work? I'm tearing my hair out. The only option I think might remain is to change the order of the "bits" using the gpiovk config file that goes with the audio driver, but I don't know the syntax of this file. The one I'm using was provided by BE.

HELP!

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Tue May 06, 2008 7:03 pm
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
clarknovak

Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you contacted BE? What have they told you?

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Wed May 21, 2008 7:39 pm
PostPost subject: SOLVED: AudioVault GPIO Problem Reply with quote
wd5iyt

This problem has been resolved. The Axia documentation indicated to use the "Computer Player" profile in the source definition. This was not correct. For this to work as described, the source profile had to be "Line".

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Sat May 24, 2008 3:53 pm
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
clarknovak

Well, that was a stupid mistake! (I'm the guy in charge of the dox Smile ) Sincere apologies for the error - we'll get it fixed.

Thanks for letting everyone know the answer.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | IP-Audio Driver for Windows    Page 1 of 1