View previous topic DMX control View next topic

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | PathfinderPC and PathfinderPRO    Page 1 of 1

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:19 am
PostPost subject: DMX control Reply with quote
marcosorourke

Can I send DMX commands from Pathfinder? I have a lighting system that controls the color of the walls in the studio, and when we go off the air I want to change the colors of the wall to red.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:49 pm
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Pathfinder does not include a DMX feature, but I don't see why you couldn't use the GENERIC PROTOCOL TRANSLATOR to accomplish DMX commands. DMX commands appear to be a simple text based protocol. If this is true, then the next question is how can you interface your lights to the Pathfinder machine. I would assume via serial port. If that is all, then you setup a protocol translator that uses that port and you create a stack event that will issue the needed command (string of text) to the lighting system.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | PathfinderPC and PathfinderPRO    Page 1 of 1