View previous topic Talk to Studio? View next topic

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | iQ & Radius Consoles    Page 1 of 1

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:20 pm
PostPost subject: Talk to Studio? Reply with quote
SmokChsr

Just curious if there may have been a oopsie, in the newest firmware?

I have tried and tried to get the talk to studio function to work, and either it just doesn't like me or I don't understand Axia speak.

In any case the Studio is a Voice Booth, so there is no studio monitor speaker. There is however a Studio HP feed. I've tried using the Studio Talent, and the Studio Guest HP feeds but can't convince the Control operators, or a Producer Mic to talk to the Studio HP..

I even tried using the studio monitor output to feed the HP's but of course that mutes whenever the studio mic is on, even when I set it to 0db mute in the show profile. (it's possible that I didn't reload the show but I thought I did)

One thing that would be nice is a simple grid or listing of the differences of each of the different input and output types. Some of the differences in capabilities and special features or limitations are covered in the manual, and it seems some are not.

Fri May 02, 2014 5:15 pm
PostPost subject: HUmm Guess this one stumped them! Reply with quote
SmokChsr

Has anyone else made this work?

Mon May 19, 2014 9:30 am
PostPost subject: Talking to myself Reply with quote
SmokChsr

It seems I'm talking to myself again. Looks like this simple logically desired radio station operation can't be done.

Not to fault those that wrote the firmware for the IQ, this is an ever growing problem with many things. When trying to "dumb down" the UI for the less technical, we often dumb it down to the point it doesn't do what it needs to and could easily do with an intelligent UI.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:08 pm
PostPost subject: Reply with quote
AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Make sure you have the operator microphone assigned to a channel. If not, you need to assign an alternate source to be the taklback audio in show profile.

Next is to make sure the headphone is monitoring the Talent HP source.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic Axia Discussion Board Forum Index | iQ & Radius Consoles    Page 1 of 1